Want to try out gaming on the classic Commodore Amiga computer? Topaz walks you through the basics of this retro computer’s hardware, and the things you’ll need to look for to get your own setup working.
I currently use these emulators:
- Linux: FS-UAE (https://fs-uae.net/)
- Steam Deck: EmuDeck (https://www.emudeck.com/)
- Raspberry Pi: Pimiga 2.0 (https://cubiclenate.com/pimiga/)
- FPGA: MiSTer with the Minimig core (https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Minimig-AGA_MiSTer)
If you’re on Windows, you can run the venerable WinUAE (https://www.winuae.net/).
You can get Kickstart ROMs from Cloanto and their Amiga Forever pack (get at least the Plus Edition for the more modern Kickstarts) and/or from Hyperion if you want AmigaOS 3.2, a modern AmigaOS for applications.
I leave ADF and WHDLoad archive hunting to the viewer!
Thanks to Meredith, Tyrel, Dave!
- Industrious Ferret by Kevin MacLeod
- Simplified Filmmusic.io Standard License (https://incompetech.filmmusic.io/standard-license)