Topaz digs into an addition to a 6-bit character password system. A follow-on to the NES Passwords video.
Thanks to @ijimkoz and others for their feedback in production!
- Password decoding guide and an app you can use to verify that substitutions work (http://games.technoplaza.net/mpg/)
- List of Metroid passwords (https://metroid.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Metroid_passwords)
- NES Password ROM you see at the end (https://github.com/TheIndustriousRabbit/nes-password-rom)
- See the ROM in action (https://theindustriousrabbit.com/blog/2021-07-15-nes-text-passwords-demo-nes-rom/)
- Secret note code generator (https://github.com/TheIndustriousRabbit/secret-note-system-generator)
- Chipper Doodle - Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/?keywords=Chipper+doodle) - CC-BY 3.0
- 2023-07-15: Moved to MakerTube